A Cleaner & More Prosperous Commonwealth
Virginia has become a leader in the transition to a clean energy economy in recent years. Passage of the Virginia Clean Economy Act and adoption of the national Clean Cars Standard are just two of the tools the Commonwealth has adopted that will spur the energy transition, create tens of thousands of new jobs, and save Virginians money on their energy costs at home and at the pump.
That progress is historic but the trajectory forward is uncertain That's why Advanced Energy United is working to lock-in the gains made in recent years and find new ways to advance our industry's agenda forward:
- Defending and implementing the Virginia Clean Economy Act which transitions Virginia to a 100% clean grid by 2045.
- Accelerating deployment of electric vehicles through defense of the Advanced Clean Car Standards, which will provide drivers a wider range of affordable electric options, as well as implementation of policies to speed electrification of state and municipally owned fleets.
Our Policy Platform
- Accelerating the transition to 100% clean energy in Virginia by implementing and defending the Virginia Clean Economy Act's goals of 100% clean energy by 2045 and expanding the role of distributed generation in achieving that goal.
- Delivering American made energy to Virginia's families by ensuring the development of 5.2 gigawatts of offshore wind off the coast — enough to power 1.3 million homes.
- Making electric transportation a reality in all communities by installing electric vehicle chargers within 25 miles of every home in the Commonwealth.
In The News
October 28, 2022
Energy News Network: Q&A: Advanced energy advocate says Virginia governor's plan 'falls short'
October 4, 2022
RTO Insider: Gov. Youngkin Releases 2022 Energy Plan
October 3, 2022
The Virginia Pilot: Youngkin describes his new energy plan as a flexible approach, but critics call it misguided