ACCELERATING A CLEAN ECONOMY
Illinois is positioned to lead the country in the clean energy transition. In 2021, Illinois passed the Climate and Equitable Jobs Act, which includes the following key policy objectives:
- Procuring 100% of all energy from renewable sources by 2050 and closing all coal and gas plants by 2045;
- A target of one million electric vehicles on the road by 2030 with a requirement for utilities to file plans to support EV infrastructure;
- Development of utility plans which align distribution system investments with clean energy and distributed energy resource expansion;
- Extension of the cumulative energy savings targets for electric utilities’ energy efficiency programs; and
- Development of 13 clean energy workforce hubs across the state to expand the state's workforce.
OUR POLICY PLATFORM
- Accelerating the transition to 100% clean energy in Illinois by encouraging renewable energy development and investment in the transmission and distribution system.
- Delivering American made energy to Illinois's families by expanding the state's in-state renewable resources and distributed energy resources.
- Making electric transportation a reality in all communities by investing in charging infrastructure and providing incentives for Illinoisans and Illinois businesses to adopt electric vehicles.