ACCELERATING THE CLEAN ENERGY TRANSITION
Connecticut has long been on the forefront of the clean energy transition. Finishing the work of electrifying the power and transportation systems will require new approaches, increased public and private investments in infrastructure and a robust strategy to scale technology in all parts of the state. In recent years, Connecticut has strengthened this commitment by:
- Passing legislation to require the state to get all of its energy from zero-carbon sources by 2040.
- Increased access to clean energy resources for low-to-moderate income residents through new renewable energy subscription programs.
With continued commitment from our state leaders, Connecticut can cement its leadership position in the clean energy transition and serve as a regional model for how to transition to 100% clean energy.
OUR POLICY PLATFORM
- Accelerating the transition to 100% clean energy in Connecticut by planning for a future without gas and empowering families and businesses to invest in technologies that improve energy efficiency and demand reduction.
- Delivering American made energy to Connecticut's families by accelerating the buildout of offshore wind and new transmission capacity to power our homes and businesses.
- Making electric transportation a reality in all communities by building the infrastructure to make it more accessible, affordable, and easy for everyone regardless of how much money they have or where they live.