California remains the clean energy beacon for the rest of the country as it moves to electrify the state and economy. As one of the original 100% clean power states in the West, California is home to over half a million advanced energy workers. Electrifying the power and transportation systems will require new approaches, increased public and private investments in infrastructure and a robust strategy to scale technology in all parts of the state. In recent years, California has doubled-down on this commitment by:
- Passing a $54 billion climate budget which includes investment in clean energy and zero-emission vehicle technology and infrastructure.
- Adopting the Advanced Clean Cars II rules and focusing incentive dollars on the transition to electric trucks and buses.
- Taking regulatory and state action to reduce reliance on natural gas in our buildings.
OUR POLICY PLATFORM
- Accelerating the transition to 100% clean energy in California by building and updating our energy infrastructure, planning for a future without gas and working with the region to build a RTO of the future in the West.
- Delivering American made energy to California's families by Expanding supply chain development, manufacturing and powering households with a mix of resources including local, distributed clean energy and onshore and offshore renewables.
- Making electric transportation a reality in all communities by expanding zero-emission vehicle programs to meet the needs of the community and focusing public dollars on electrifying medium and heavy duty vehicles and charging infrastructure statewide.