THE GRAND CANYON STATE — GRAND PLANS FOR A THRIVING ENERGY ECONOMY
Arizona, the sunniest state in the nation, is well-positioned as a thriving hub for growing industries reliant on reliable, affordable energy and business-first policies. Arizona is well-positioned to lead regionally at the intersection of advanced energy development and a thriving commerce sector. We’re working to encourage decision-makers to support policies that will:
- Add to the more than 62,000 advanced energy jobs in the state, where jobs in the electric vehicle sector are growing rapidly.
- Encourage the formation of new markets for clean energy and utility customer programs that save money and promote reliability in the state.
- Strengthen opportunities for building out critical electricity infrastructure that will deliver the energy Arizona wants when it is needed.
OUR POLICY PLATFORM
- Accelerating the transition to 100% clean energy in Arizona by expediting permitting, siting, and interconnection processes for the build out of additional clean energy resources and supporting open markets to create market certainty for new, cost-saving technologies, big and small to provide options for smart energy use.
- Delivering American made energy to Arizona's families by supporting utility and customer-owned investments in distributed energy resources that can help control how electricity is drawn from the grid plus generate, store, and distribute energy in a hyperlocal area and supporting energy efficiency programs.
- Making electric transportation a reality in all communities by encouraging state agencies to maximize federal investment to build out electric vehicle charging infrastructure, providing information and encouragement for school districts to pursue electric school buses and electric micro-transit solutions in their districts, and pressing utilities to have forward looking plans for transportation electrification in their service territories.