ADVANCED ENERGY WORKS FOR UTAH
Recent passage of the bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act and the Inflation Reduction Act provide the largest investment in clean energy and electrified transportation our country has ever seen. States across the country are well-positioned to reap the benefits of this investment: thousands of new jobs, access to fuel free energy, and millions of dollars of private investment.
Realizing these gains will come through a combination of state and federal decision making. At the state level, Advanced Energy United is working to educate regulators on how these investments put clean energy and electrified transportation within reach of all Americans. At the federal level, we will continue to push forward policies that ensure we achieve the promise of this moment by fighting for:
- Reforms to federal permitting processes that will enable faster, cheaper construction of the transmission infrastructure we need to connect clean energy resources with demand.
- Sustainably growing the supply of critical minerals for advanced energy manufacturing and ensuring domestic industry has access to those resources.
- A robust critical minerals recycling industry that can further support a domestic supply chain for advanced energy technologies.
OUR POLICY PLATFORM
- Accelerating the transition to 100% clean energy in Utah by by ensuring that clean energy tax incentives are available to a larger number of institutions and businesses across the state.
- Delivering American made energy to Utah's families by advocating for a western regional electricity market that will bring up to 657,000 new permanent jobs, $2 billion in annual energy cost savings, and up to $79 billion in new annual gross state product to the region.
- Making electric transportation a reality in all communities by advocating for federal funding for electric vehicle charging infrastructure and electric school buses.