Kat Burnham promotes policies that encourage advanced energy adoption and serves as the state lead for Advanced Energy United's advocacy work in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island. She also facilitates Advanced Energy United’s public utility commission engagement efforts and develops strategies to improve wholesale markets, with a particular focus on PJM. Prior to Advanced Energy United, Kat researched renewable energy programs and barriers to consumer adoption in academic settings and nonprofit organizations. She also supported energy and environmental coalitions across New England on local policy. Kat also worked as a clean energy and community advocate at Green Energy Consumers Alliance in Rhode Island.
- Decision-maker Education & Engagement
- Driving Technology Adoption & Market Transformation – East
- Expanding Wholesale Markets
In the News
- Reuters: US states urged to co-plan grids to curb offshore wind costs
- New State Report Dispels Myth That Massachusetts Lacks Solar Development Options
- Utility Dive: PJM releases road map for creating ‘grid of the future’ to handle coming renewables, storage wave