Brian Turner leads Advanced Energy United’s regulatory engagement in the West, focusing on Public Utilities Commissions, state energy offices, and other executive-branch agencies. Previously Brian spent nine years in senior executive positions throughout California’s energy agencies, including as Deputy Director in both Governor Brown’s and Governor Schwarzenegger’s Washington D.C. offices, deputy director at the Air Resources Board and the Public Utilities Commission, and Director of the inter-agency Renewable Energy Transmission Initiative. Brian played roles in several multi-state Western energy initiatives. Prior to joining United, Brian was a consultant in renewable energy policy and planning, and a pandemic-era homemaker.
- Driving Technology Adoption & Market Transformation - West
- Decision-maker Education & Engagement
- Western RTO
In the News
- PV Magazine: RE+Storage Better Than a Colorado Utility’s Proposed 400 MW Gas Unit: Strategen
- Report: Xcel Energy’s proposed gas plant in Colorado is more expensive than clean energy options
- Bloomberg Law: Clean Grid Developers See Teeth in Federal Permitting Deadlines