Brian Turner leads Advanced Energy United’s regulatory engagement in the West, focusing on Public Utilities Commissions, state energy offices, and other executive-branch agencies. Previously Brian spent nine years in senior executive positions throughout California’s energy agencies, including as Deputy Director in both Governor Brown’s and Governor Schwarzenegger’s Washington D.C. offices, deputy director at the Air Resources Board and the Public Utilities Commission, and Director of the inter-agency Renewable Energy Transmission Initiative. Brian played roles in several multi-state Western energy initiatives. Prior to joining United, Brian was a consultant in renewable energy policy and planning, and a pandemic-era homemaker.
- Driving Technology Adoption & Market Transformation - West
- Decision-maker Education & Engagement
- Western RTO
In the News
- Utility Dive: Colorado Regulator’s Vision for Xcel Virtual Power Plant: Tariff-Driven, 50 MW and Online by This Fall
- Canary Media: Bill Would End California Experiment with Income-Based Electric Bills
- PUC Decision On Xcel Resource Plan Lays Groundwork For More Clean Energy